Pork Ribs and Prawn Noodle Soup 排骨虾面汤

blogger templates






Every time I buy prawn to cook dishes, I would keep the shells in the freezer. I had 3 portions of shells before I cooked this 排骨虾面汤. It’s shells from 1.5 kg of prawns. Hmm… the soup is full of sweetness from the prawns.




Ingredients:


  • 1 kg Prawns, shelled

  • 500g Pork ribs, blanched

  • Fish cakes, sliced thinly

  • Water Spinach (Kang Kong), cut into sections

  • 750g Fresh yellow noodle

  • 2 tablespoon dark soy sauce

  • Rock Sugar to taste

  • Salt to taste

  • Oil for frying

  • 2 litre Water


How to do it:


  1. Add ½ tablespoon garlic and stir fry till fragrant.

  2. Add prawn shells and stir fry till cooked. Set aside.

  3. Bring water to boil in a pot.

  4. Add in the prawns and remove when cooked.

  5. In the same pot, add in the cooked prawn shells and pork ribs.

  6. Simmer in low heat for 2 hours.

  7. Strain the soup into a clean pot.

  8. Return the pork ribs.

  9. Add in dark soy sauce, rock sugar and salt.

  10. In another pot, bring water to boil.

  11. Add in noodle, water spinach and fish cake.

  12. Drain when they are cooked.

  13. Place prawns and pork ribs on top.

  14. Ladle over some hot soup.

  15. Serve with pepper and fried shallots.





















Note:

You can add bean sprout and lean pork too. Ohhh… and those sinful crispy pork fat cubes if you like.








.