Soba - Spaghetti Style 意大利式荞麦面

blogger templates



My family, including me, doesn't really fancy spaghetti. I have tried all kind of pastas. I think the closest is the alphabets macaroni - only my girl enjoy it. We love the sauce though.




Remember, I bought a pack of soba? I did said I'm going to try other ways of cooking soba. This is another way - Spaghetti style. And we love it! I think this is going to be another regular item on our dinner table.




Ingredients:


  • Soba

  • 1 can of tomato puree

  • 1 tomato, diced

  • 1/2 carrot, diced finely

  • 1/2 onion, diced

  • 1 small can button mushroom, sliced

  • 8 fresh button mushroom, sliced

  • 12 medium prawns, shelled and deveined

  • 2 squid, skin removed, cleaned and sliced into smaller pieces

  • 1/2 minced Garlic

  • Oil for cooking

  • Corn starch with water (thickener)

  • Salt to taste





How to do it:






  1. Cook soba in a pot of water. Drain water and set aside.

  2. Add 2 teaspoon of oil to prevent the soba from sticking together.

  3. In a wok, add in 2 teaspoon of oil.

  4. Saute the garlic and onion till fragrant.

  5. Add in prawns and squid and saute till almost cooked

  6. Add in tomato and mushrooms and saute for about 1 minute.

  7. Add in tomato puree and water.

  8. Boil it to a boil.

  9. Add salt to taste.

  10. Thicken the sauce with cornstarch.

  11. Dish soba on to a plate and pour the sauce over.

  12. Serve with some herbs and Parmesan cheese.









.