Stir Fried Pork with Ginger Sauce 姜汁猪柳

blogger templates

My confinement lady wokked a similar dish during my confinement. Her version has LOTS of shredded ginger. Ginger is said to help disperse wind. I did some adjustment to her dish. I'm not doing confinement, don't need so much ginger mah. I still add ginger but just the juice because it really makes the dish taste a lot nicer.

Ingredients:


  • 200g Lean Pork or Flank (腰肉)(I'm using flank because it's softer)

  • 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce

  • 1 teaspoon Ginger Juice

  • Oil for wokking


Marinade:


  • 1 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine

  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt

  • 1 teaspoon Corn flour

  • 2 teaspoon Ginger Juice


How to do it:


  1. Slice pork and use a tenderiser (looks like a hammer with spikes) to flatten and soften the meat.

  2. Mix the marinade and marinade the pork for at 1/2 hour.

  3. In a wok, heat oil then saute the pork till cooked.

  4. Add in the light soy sauce and ginger juice.

  5. Saute for about 1 minute.

  6. Dish and serve with rice.




Note:

Hitting the pork with a tenderiser will also help the meat absorb the marinade better. I'm using Light Soy Sauce to season because it adds colour to the dish too.







.