Anyway, if you understand Chinese, you would know that being a 瓜, it belongs to the gourd family. I later found out its English name in the supermarket. A funny name for a funny gourd/melon. It's called Choko or Chayote.
So far, I have not tried stir-frying it but only using it to make soup. It's slightly sweet and very clear. Nice!
Ingredients:
- 1 Choko aka Chayote, skinned, seed removed cut into pieces
- 1/2 Carrot, skinned and cut into pieces
- 250g Pork Ribs
- 1200ml Water
- Salt to taste
How to do it:
- Blanch ribs.
- In a pot, add all ingredients except salt.
- Bring to boil.
- Turn down fire and simmer for another hour or two depending on how soft you want your Choko to be.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve.
Note:
I include carrots to add sweetness. You can omit that to try the original taste. It's nice without carrots too!
