Growing Tulips on Rice

blogger templates



This is my first posting on my son's dinner after my long disappearance from the blogsphere, not that I wanted to.






Anyway, I find the tulips very cheery. Can you tell they are tulips? At least they do like like flowers. If you are wondering how I got the quails eggs to be so colourful ... I dye them with food colourings. Just one drop will do the trick. Dilute with water to get a lighter tone.





Other than eggs, Broccoli wrapped with Ham and Tofu and Fish Paste wrapped with Nori were in his dinner plate too.




* A bouquet of Broccoli *







* How the Tofu Samosa looks inside *

Ingredients:


  • 1 tube Egg Tofu, smashed

  • 100g Fish Paste

  • 2 - 3 tablespoon Peas

  • Nori, cut into strips for wrapping

  • Oil for frying


How to do it:


  1. Mix all ingredients except nori together.

  2. Scoop some paste and wrap it with nori.

  3. See here for instructions or you can wrap it like a spring roll.

  4. Pan fry for 3 minutes each on both sides.

  5. Dish and serve.


Note:
You can use corn or carrots instead of peas or all 3! Colourful!!







.