A CrockPot Party

blogger templates

Day 126.


Happy Cinco de Mayo! If you are looking for some ideas for Mexican food tonight, you've come to the right place.


Some of my favorites are:



We had a party on Friday, and served crockpot fare along with some barbecued hamburgers and hotdogs. I had four crockpots in use (I borrowed two) and they did a great job at not only cooking the food, but keeping it warm through the four-hour duration.

Our theme was American Food, and I cooked the following:





It was fun to see the crockpots lined up on the countertop, and crockpotting is a terribly easy way to entertain. I was out of the kitchen hours and hours before party time, and was able to focus my attention on other things.


Like work.
and the phone.
and the never-ending pile of laundry.
and the children.

The Verdict.

I will definitely have more crockpot parties. I loved not standing in the kitchen while my guests were mingling or monitoring food from the oven.

Clean up was a snap, too.







.