Durian Puff cum Ice Cream 榴莲泡芙与雪糕

blogger templates




The supermarket here was selling durian at $10 for 3 boxes. I just couldn't resist buying them. They were quite good for the price.



I went back the next day to get another 3 boxes with the intention of making durian cake. I had removed all the durian pulp. When I was ready to make it, my friend called and said she couldn't get the cake from me. I always pass some of my cakes to my friend as we can never finish them.



 In the end I decided to make Puff instead, which is much easier. These are mini, bite-size puff.



Since I had already prepared the durian pulp, that is, all beaten up, I decided to use them all. You don't have to add so much. Here's my recipe for the Durian Cream Filling .




Ingredients:


  • 200 ml Diary or Non-diary Whipping Cream

  • 350g Durian pulp

  • 10g Gelatine Powder

  • 3 tablespoon Hot Water


How to do it:


  1. Beat whipping cream till soft peak. You might want to use an electric beater as it will take quite a while if using hand.

  2. Melt gelatine powder with hot water.

  3. Add the melted gelatine and durian to the whipped cream and mix well.

  4. Your durian cream filling is ready to use.









As I had put a lot of durian pulp for my durian cream filling, I decided to save half of the amount and freeze it. 4 hours later ... viola! It became creamy and yummy Durian Ice Cream!










.