Slow Cooked Chile Verde

blogger templates
Growing up, my dad would make hamhock and beans and homemade tortillas (like Grandma) all the time. I loved it and still do. My great-aunt Mary would make this chile verde with pork and I loved it. Finally, I have the recipe to make my own. I've tweaked it a little to suit my taste and here it is.


Put in slow cooker:
3-5 lbs pork roast
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can chicken broth
Cook on low all day or on high til roast is tender.
Then add: 1 (16 oz) jar of salsa verde
2 cans black or pinto beans or dry beans, soaked and cooked according to package directions. (I used my  pressure cooker and they were done in 28 minutes!)
1 (10 oz) can green enchilada sauce
1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
Mix and cook 1 hour more. Serve with tortillas.
Note: My husband doesn't like this with the beans so I save some for him without and add the beans for me. 

I shared this on Mommy's Kitchen Potluck Sunday







.