Barbrix: The article below goes into detail about all of the wonderful things going on at the Silver Lake restaurant, Barbrix. Delicious food, lovely setting, and very talented people make this place a must visit.
Territory BBQ: I love this bbq joint cum record store! The space feels likes a friend's back yard, a really cool friend's back yard. There's also AMAZING taxidermy all over the place. Is it weird that I want these squirrels on my own wall? I actually burst into giggles when I saw them.
Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill: The LA Live complex in downtown just opened the new Wolfgang Puck restaurant. Across the street from the Staples Center, it's very convenient for a bite to eat before or after a show.Pourtal Wine Bar: Around the corner from the Promenade, this wine bar has an eclectic list as well as some first class beers to chose from. Using a "debit" system, you can put money on a card and taste wines all over the bar. Definitely a fun way to expand your palette.
Ado: This converted home restaurant is almost as charming as the owner, Paolo, and his staff. Granted, I love Italians, the double kiss, and their perfectly olive oil complexions, so I was a sucker from the start. Intimate and serving beautiful, unpretentious Italian fare, this is a great date spot. Also, ask about sitting at the Chef's table, which is downstairs next to the kitchen.
