My sister is the consummate fashion maven, keeping me covered in her gorgeous
jewelry and always giving me a second opinion on my outfit that day. Big surprise, then, that she interns at the uber-stylish
WHO WHAT WEAR, an online magazine dedicated to fashion and shopping. We've finally had a creative collaboration in the wake of my dolly cake craze, and have designed couture inspired cakes. The Givenchy was for the ladies at Who What Wear and the Balmain I made for her birthday this weekend. They have gotten wonderful responses and we can't wait to keep churning them out.
Givenchy
Amanda hand cut the studs out of white chocolate. Pretty amazing, right?
Balmain
My sister has covetted this dress since the moment she saw it strut down the runway. It's a super high mini, with a powerful, feminine shoulder. I obviously had to convert it to a ball gown for dolly cake purposes, but the energy is the same. The entire dress hinges on the shoulder pads, my sister's most recent obsession, so I hot glue gunned onto the dolly's shoulder until it formed a pad. I put some frosting over it, and there you go: couture shoulder pads.