Ingredients:
2 sticks of butter
5-6 T. cocoa
1 can evaporated milk
3 cups sugar
a little corn syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
Directions:
In large sauce pan or pot, melt the butter. Mix the cocoa into the butter then add the milk and sugar. (My mom added the corn syrup. I really don't know why and I only put in a tablespoon or two. Honestly I don't know what it does or if it makes a difference). Stir until boiling then continue boiling on a low temperature for about seven minutes. When it is done, add the vanilla.
Fill up a mug or dump it on your favorite dessert and enjoy.
*I store this in a mason jar in the fridge . We spoon out what we want when we want it and heat it in the microwave until it is HOT. Sometimes it gets sugary but when it's heated, the sugary texture melts away.
