Well take it from me...don't try these unless your making them for no more than 2 people! What a huge pain in the neck these were to make!
Problem #1... Did you know that melted chocolate doesn't stick to the slimy cut end of a banana? Well I didn't know that either until I started dipping these! And then the chocolate is now unusable because it starts clumping together from banana slime that was left behind. So I basically was only able to make these 4 pieces!
Problem #2... You are suppose to carve out the inside of each banana piece with a melon baller, so that you can fill it with ice-cream! Really? I've never seen a melon baller small enough for this job! But even if I had a teeny tiny melon baller, it's very difficult to do without breaking the sides of the banana...as you can see in my pic above! Look at the banana on the right. You can see where a piece of the side on top came off. I just stuck it back on because I didn't want to only serve 3 Banana Split Mini Bites!
Problem #3... Filling the inside of the banana with ice cream! I guess I would need that teeny tiny melon baller for this job also! But since I didn't have one, I had to make a real mess trying to get a teeny tiny amount of ice cream into the banana pieces using a baby teaspoon and every one of the fingers on my right hand.
Problem #4... How the heck do you take a photo of whipped cream with a cherry on top? It melts INSTANTLY!!! I literally had 5 seconds to snap this pic before the cherries started sliding off!
Guess where I found this VERY popular ADORABLE dessert recipe?
Just click on this **link** and you'll see! lol!

