Pink Scrolls and Flowers Cake

blogger templates
Sophia's Birthday Cake

How adorable is this?!?  I just love the idea of having a small cake and cupcakes for birthdays, especially for kids parties.  Not only is it more economical (especially if you make it yourself), I personally think that for a kid, it feels much more special to have your very own little cake, all to yourself.  Don't you?

Sophia's Birthday Cake

I made this cake for Sophia's 6th birthday and she absolutely loved it!  It's a six-inch red velvet cake with pink cream cheese frosting and colorful fondant flowers all over.  It's so swirly and girly! 

Sophia's Cupcakes

I also made 2 dozen red velvet cupcakes, also topped with pink cream cheese frosting and fondant flowers.  And for an extra special shimmer, I lightly dusted them with sparkly gold luster dust.  I think with a little bit of patience and creativity, anyone can decorate their own small cake and cupcakes.  And if you get the kids involved, you'll have fun and save money too!







.