Eggless Lemon Coconut Bread & 4years of Blogging

blogger templates
4 years of blogging, cant believe this. Time flies and today is my blog baby's 4th birthday, seriously i started blogging just to spend my time and to share my passion for food. But never thought that i will stay 4years in this virtual world, to be honest this blogsphere is almost like my sweet home with a bunch of wonderful friends from all around the world. Thanks to few of  my virtual friends who pulled me to start this wonderful space and thanks a ton to all my fellow bloggers and followers for all yours supports and encouraging words.

For this month's Baking Eggless challenge, Gayathri choosed Lemon coconut bread from Dimah's Orange Blossom Water.Lemon and coconut in bakes who will say no to this combo and i prepared this bread last week for our evening snacks. I used condensed milk as egg subsitute in my bread and went as the original recipe says, apart from it since we dont get sweet coconut flakes,i used dessicated coconut and didnt went for confectioner's sugar glaze. I have to say this, while this bread was baking in my oven, the aroma of this bread  was awesome and filled the house completely. Everyone was waiting eagerly to get a slice of this bread. Its vanished quickly, thats y i couldnt able to take the picture of the whole bread. These three slices were left for me and i clicked it immediately coz my lil one started asking again. Thanks to Gayathri for choosing one more fabulous bake and we simply love it.



Bread:
1cup Sweetened condensed milk
1/2cup Butter(softened)
1/4cup Yogurt
3tbsp Lemon juice
1tbsp Lemon zest
1+1/2cups All purpose flour
1tsp Baking powder
1/2tsp Baking soda
1/4tsp Salt


Filling:
1/2cup Dessicated coconut
1/4cup Cream cheese
3tbsp Sugar



Heat oven to 350°F.Line a baking sheet over a baking loaf pan and keep aside.

Take the condensed milk, butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.Meanwhile sieve together the flour,baking powder and baking soda and keep aside

Add yoghurt,lemon juice and lemon zest and beat until they get well mixed.

Stir in the sieved flour mixture and salt until well mixed.

Combine cream cheese and sugar in a small bowl for filling and mix well. Stir in the dessicated coconut.

Spoon half of batter into prepared pan. Drop the filling mixture evenly over batter.

Pour remaining batter over filling,bake for 40-45 minutes or until top is deep golden brown.

Keep aisde and let the bread gets completely cool.

Slice it as you desire and enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.








.