Garlic Crispy-Soft Butter Potatoes

blogger templates

These are Garlic Crispy-Soft Butter Potatoes. I know it has been a while since I have been able to post because I have been happily settling into a new job (Hooray!), so I thought I would kick back off with a bang. These potatoes are always a hit because they are so homey but decadent. I almost follow this recipe card:

 
Step One: Place the potatoes in a pot of well-salted room-temperature water, and bring to a boil.
 
Why do you start cooking potatoes in cool water rather than dropping them into already boiling water? I really don't know, but I do know that that is what all of those cooking show people keep saying about cooking potatoes...so it must be true.  
Step Two: Meanwhile, chop up some garlic and onion. (I think I actually usually chop up a little more garlic than this.)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Continue boiling the potatoes until they are tender and easily pierced with a fork.












Step Three: Drain the potatoes.
 
I put them back in the hot pot after draining them so the excess water will evaporate off... because I know that I am terrible at draining potatoes!
 
Set aside.




Step Four: Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. 
   











Add oil, and continue to heat until foamy.












Step Six: Add onion and garlic, and cook until soft.  










Step Seven: Add potatoes and salt. Leave the potatoes alone until crispy on one side (about 5 - 6 minutes). 











Step Eight: Turn over the potatoes with a spatula, and then continue frying until golden.
 
You can add black pepper, too, if you want. Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't. It all depends on whether or not I remember it. 







Here they are. Crispy-soft, garlic, buttery potato deliciousness. There's a bit of crispness on the outside, and then a pillowy-soft potato middle all bathed in the taste of butter and garlic and oh my gosh go make these now!
 



I just thought that you should see how beautiful these are with Slow Cooker Saucy Country Ribs. Aren't they beautiful together? Two decandently tender foods together on one plate....but not for long :). Enjoy!

Garlic Crispy-Soft Butter Potatoes
4 large Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
3 T. canola oil
3 T. butter

1 small onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 t. salt + additional salt for water
1/4 t. pepper, optional
 
Place the potatoes in a pot of well-salted room-temperature water. Bring to a boil. Continue boiling until tender and easily pierced with a fork. Drain and set aside.
 
Heat butter and oil together in a large skillet over medium heat. When foamy, add onion and garlic, and cook until soft. Add potatoes and salt. Leave the potatoes alone until crispy on one side (about 5 - 6 minutes). Turn over the potatoes with a spatula, and then continue frying until golden. Sprinkle with pepper if desired.







.