Chicken Pot Pie Biscuits

blogger templates

  These Chicken Pot Pie Biscuits were absolutely delicious! My family gobbled these up fast when I made them for dinner the other night. I love it when an easy recipe turns out so good. I actually heated one up for breakfast the next morning.

Yep, I did. Don't judge me..

  I was telling my Facebook friends how I save so much time by chopping up all my vegetables a week in advance. After I get home from the grocery store, I wash them, and get them all chopped up and placed in their own individual baggies, so they are ready when I need them in a particular recipe. The ones I know I'll be using within a day or two, I keep in the fridge. The ones I know I wont need until the end of the week, I freeze, so they stay fresh.

 For example, when I was making these yummy biscuits, it was so nice to already have all the veggies chopped up and ready to go! It really makes my life just a tad bit easier, and getting dinner on the table a little bit faster :)







Chicken Pot Pie Biscuits
Recipe adapted from: Littlebgcg

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon dried Thyme
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups water
3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
4 ribs celery, diced
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tub Knorr Homestyle Chicken Stock
1 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch
3 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1 (8 count) can refrigerated Jumbo Biscuits

Directions: Place the cubes of chicken, olive oil, thyme,garlic and pepper in a medium bowl. Mix together, and then cover and place in refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes to marinate.

Boil 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan. Add the diced carrots, celery and onion. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the water (now vegetable stock) with a large slotted spoon, and place vegetables on a plate. Set aside.

Reduce heat to medium-low and add the tub of chicken stock to the water. Once it comes to a simmer, mix the cornstarch with 2 Tablespoons of water and pour it into the saucepan. Then add the heavy cream, diced chicken pieces and the vegetables back into the saucepan.

Let simmer until the chicken is no longer pink and fully cooked. About 15 minutes. Remove from heat.

While mixture is cooking, unravel biscuits from can, and roll each biscuit out into a flat circle.

Place each flattened biscuit dough into a muffin tin. Ladle 1/3 cup of chicken/veggie filling into the center of each biscuit dough. Seal and wrap the dough over the filling. Repeat with all biscuits.

Bake in a 350 degree F, preheated oven, for 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy ♥



























.