Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars

blogger templates

  I'm off work today and about ready to start on my preparations for the Thanksgiving feast tomorrow. I'll be making our favorite dinner rolls and the famous shredded apple pie my family loves! Can't wait for tomorrow!

  But first, I wanted to share these amazing Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars with you. They are pumpkin heaven, with swirls of cream cheese, and milk chocolate chips. They are soooo good. I decided to deliver them to friends and family because I knew if I kept them at my house, I would have eaten them all....


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars

1 1/2 cups sugar
6 Tablespoons butter, melted
2 eggs
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
3 Tablespoons water
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

Cream Cheese Filling:

8 ounce block of cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla


Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.

In a bowl, with an electric hand mixer, beat sugar and butter on medium speed, until combined.
Beat in eggs, pumpkin and water until blended.

Add flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder and soda to the mixture. Blend on low speed until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

Spread 2/3 of the batter evenly into the prepared baking pan.

For the Cream Cheese filling:

In a bowl, with an electric hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the pumpkin batter in the pan.

Drop spoonfuls of the remaining pumpkin batter all over the cream cheese mixture. Then using the back of a spoon, spread out as much as you can.

Using a knife, swirl the top layer of pumpkin batter, and cream cheese batter together.

Bake for 35 minutes or until the cake springs back when touched. Cool completely before serving, then cut into bars. (I cooled mine on the counter for 45 minutes, then I covered and placed them in the fridge)

Store bars in the refrigerator.

 







.