Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

blogger templates

   Life has been crazy the past few days. My Dad had to go in for emergency surgery Monday night, and again on Tuesday. He's very sick with complications from diabetes. I won't go in to the gory details, but all I ask is that you keep him in your prayers. It would mean a lot  :)

  As for these cookies, they are one of my favorites. I adore mint flavor and chocolate chip cookies, so the two combined is heaven to me. This recipe is SO easy. Another reason I love them so much. Give them a try, you'll probably love them, too :)



Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 egg
6-8 drops green food color
1 cup creme de menthe baking chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, mint extract, egg and food coloring until a soft dough forms. Stir in the creme de menthe baking chips and chocolate chips.

Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, placing 2 inches apart.

Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool 3 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm or cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature.




Recipe from: Betty Crocker









.