Pasta Pie

blogger templates
Isn't this a cool way to serve baked ziti? Well I thought so, that's why I tried it! And really that's what it is...just a cool way to serve baked ziti! There's no other reason to play with pasta like this! Having said that...I got such a kick out of making this! I know...I'm such a food dork!!! But I enjoyed lining up the pasta in the pan! It was very therapeutic and didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would! Only about 10 minutes.

I found this recipe on a site called Noble Pig. Check out the photo tutorial for this pasta pie recipe! It's very easy to make!

It's basically your favorite meat sauce poured over slightly cooked, large, rigatoni pasta that is standing upright in a 9 inch springform pan. In my photo here, you can see there's an empty space in the middle! That's because my springform pan was 9 1/2 inches in diameter. But it still worked out! I just filled in the empty space with meat sauce. And make sure to place your springform pan on a cookie sheet to catch any liquid that might leak out! That's what happened to me! I also added about 1/4 cup ricotta cheese to my meat sauce.

Baked ziti usually isn't that exciting, but preparing it this way really gives the dish some eye appeal!







.