Thai Chicken Noodle Soup

blogger templates
 
I love Thai food so this was a no-brainer for me! The ingredients and direction were so simple, which enticed me even more! This recipe cooked up so quickly! It was done in less than 30 minutes! I made a few changes because I like a little heat and creaminess in my Thai soups! This is a nice light soup with lots of flavor from the peanut butter and garlic. I will be making this often. I'm posting my version below. But check out the original version also!

I found this original recipe *here* on the Fitness Magazine website.
INGREDIENTS:
 
1 Tbls. pure sesame oil
4 large cloves garlic - minced
2 large boneless skinless chicken cutlets, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup lite coconut milk
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup crushed tomatoes
6 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 Tbls. oyster sauce
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
6 oz. rice noodles
1 1/2 cups frozen spinach -thawed and squeezed of excess water
1 cup canned bean sprouts - drained
1/4 cup chopped scallions
 
DIRECTIONS:
 
1. In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and chicken. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink on the outside.
2. Dissolve the peanut butter in the crushed tomatoes; add the mixture to the soup pot along with the chicken broth, coconut milk, cayenne pepper, salt and oyster sauce. Bring to a boil. Add the noodles; reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook 5 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook another 5 minutes. Stir in the bean sprouts and scallions; turn off heat.
3. Ladle soup into bowls and top each with more scallions if desired.
 









.