The Sloppy Shepard

blogger templates
 The Sloppy Shepard
In my house we love a good Sloppy Joe sandwich! But I've always wanted to make a Shepard's Pie! So why not combine the two?

 I just cooked up my favorite Sloppy Joe recipe. Then I made basic mashed potatoes using 6 potatoes, butter, milk and salt to taste. I spread the cooked Sloppy Joe mixture into a greased  7 1/2" x 11" casserole dish. Pressing the mixture down firmly. Then I spread the mashed potatoes on top and baked it at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. I then placed it under the broiler for 3 minutes to brown the top. This serves 6.

Here is the Sloppy Joe Recipe...

INGREDIENTS:
2 pounds 93% lean ground beef
1 large chopped onion
1 chopped red bell pepper
2 large cloves garlic minced
4 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
1/2 cup ketchup
1 Tbls brown sugar
1 tsp. kosher salt
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. chili powder

DIRECTIONS:
In a large skillet over medium heat, thoroughly brown the ground beef, onion, red pepper and garlic.
Stir in the mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar, salt, Worcestershire sauce, white vinegar and chili powder. Mix thoroughly.
Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
 
So if you love Sloppy Joe's and you love Shepard's Pie, give this recipe a try!
 












.