Apple Danish Roll-Ups

blogger templates
This is a quick easy dessert that tastes like it came from a fancy bakery! I've seen many recipes with apples rolled in store bought refidgerated crescent biscuits, but that wasn't good enough for me! Noooo, I had to tweak it and change it to make it into something different!

I was so very happy with how these turned out! I love the sweet, firm apple inside the soft, puffed crescent! And the sweet almond flavored cream cheese with the toasted almond topping just brought it all together! I can't wait to serve these to guests someday! But it's a good thing there weren't any guests at my house on this day because I ate 3 of these roll-up before they had a chance to get cold! This recipe only makes 8 roll-ups, so maybe I'll double the recipe when guests are coming over!

INGREDIENTS:
1 apple - peeled, cored and sliced into 8 equal pieces
1 - 8oz. container of reduced fat Pillsbury crescent rolls
3 Tbls. cinnamon sugar
lemon juice- fresh squeezed - about 2 Tbls.
4 oz. cream cheese - I used fat free- softened
3 Tbls. white sugar
1 Tbls. honey
1/4 tsp. pure almond extract
toasted almond slivers - crushed -topping
 
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Seperate the crescent rolls into 8 individual pieces.
Place 1 slice of apple at the widest end of each crescent piece.
Sprinkle with about 1 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon sugar.
Also sprinkle with about 1/2 tsp. of lemon juice.
Roll up as you would to make a crescent roll.
Do this with all the rolls.
Sprinkle the outside of each roll with about 1 tsp. of cinnamon sugar.
Bake until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
While the crescents are baking make the cream cheese topping.
In a small bowl combine cream cheese, white sugar, honey and almond extract until smooth.
When roll-ups are done baking dip the tops of each one, while still warm, into the cream cheese mixture and sprinkle with toasted almond slivers.
Serve warm or room temp.
 
 








.