Elaneer Payasam/ Tender Coconut Payasam and My 250th Post

blogger templates

I am very happy to write my 250th post today. It has been a wonderful journey so far. Lots of friends, lots of learning: new cuisines, recipes, etc. Started my baking expedition recently. So far nothing’s gone wrong with my bakes and I'm mighty glad about it. Hope it continues to be the same. I thank all my blogger buddies, friends, family and silent followers of my space. Without your support and encouragement this wouldn't have been possible.

Today’s recipe is dedicated to one of my friend in Hyderabad, who was my neighbour too. During my early days of  blogging, apart from family members, this friend J and her mom, used  to taste everything and give their honest opinion.

One such dish  was this Elaneer Payasam. It was a hit with  family and J loved it very very much. I remember I had prepared it for her again just before leaving Hyderabad and she remembers it till today. During one of  our chat, she told me that she had searched my whole space for the recipe but could not find it and I told her I had not posted it yet. So this one is for you J.

I don’t know whether the name payasam fits this dish. The name payasam itself brings about thoughts of boiling and reducing milk adding loads of sugar or ghee. But this one is completely different. You don’t have to ignite the stove at all. Just mix everything and chill. A very refreshing drink, perfect for the summers.





What you'll need
  1. Tender Coconut Water – 1.5 cups
  2. Tender Coconut Flesh – 1 cup
  3. Sweetened Condensed Milk – 2 to 3 tbsp
  4. Coconut Milk – 1 cup
  5. Saffron – few strands

Method
  1. Chop the tender coconut flesh and grind it. Don’t make into a smooth paste. Let few bits remain.
  2. Transfer into a vessel. Add the tender coconut water, condensed milk and coconut milk.
  3. Give it a good mix.
  4. Add saffron strands.
  5. Refrigerate atleast for an hour.
  6. Serve chilled.



Note:
You can add cardamom powder and some roasted nuts if you like. I did not add as I like it this way.
Keep refrigerated until serving.







.