Easy Creamy Parmesan Basil Sauce

blogger templates
This recipe saved the day for me because my 19 year old daughter and her boyfriend needed something to eat for lunch! I was all out of leftovers and all the cold cuts were gone! Food shopping is on Friday, so the cupboards were getting bare!

I whipped this up in about 15 minutes! Thankfully I had a little help from a can of Progresso Recipe Starters! It was leftover from a brand ambassador assignment I had a while back!

All I did was make a pot of linguine and while that was cooking I browned 2 large cloves of crushed garlic in a skillet with some butter, salt & pepper. Then I added in the can of Progresso Creamy Parmesan Basil Recipe Starter with some fat free half n' half and some grated parmesan cheese! Let it simmer for a few minutes and then poured it over the cooked linguine! Yum and Done!

 I found the recipe on the label of the can, but their recipe included chicken! I didn't have any chicken, but it was still delicious even without it!


Easy Creamy Parmesan Basil Sauce

INGREDIENTS:
8 oz. linguine pasta - uncooked
2 tbls. butter
2 large cloves garlic - crushed
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
 1 can (18oz.) Progresso Recipe Starters - creamy parmesan basil cooking sauce
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup fat free half n' half

DIRECTIONS:
Start cooking the pasta according to package directions.
While the pasta is cooking...
Heat a skillet on medium/high. Add butter and garlic. Saute and stir garlic for about a minute. Add salt & pepper. Then add in the Progresso cooking sauce with the half n' half and grated parmesan cheese. Stir and let simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over cooked linguine and serve warm.
Serves 2-4
 







.