Lo Mein

blogger templates
I have said it before, but Chinese food is my favorite. I really love Sweet and Sour Chicken, Fried Rice, and Lo Mein Noodles. That is usually what I get when I go out to eat Chinese food. But now I can make all of those at home and I love that. You can make it, too, and save money. It tastes just like take-out to me.




Ingredients
2 T. soy sauce
1 T. rice wine vinegar
2 T. brown sugar
½ tsp. toasted sesame oil
1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
2 tsp. minced garlic
½ tsp. Sriracha hot chili sauce
2 tsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. canola oil
3 C. Coleslaw
½ C. thinly sliced scallions
6 oz Chinese egg noodles


Directions

  •  Cook your noodles per the package directions. 
  •  Drain them and set aside.
  •  Combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, sriracha, and cornstarch   in a small saucepan set over medium heat.  
  •  Bring to a boil and heat until thickened. Set aside. 
  • Set a large skillet over medium heat with the canola oil.  
  • Toss in the coleslaw and sauté until the veggies are tender.  
  • Add the noodles and sauce, tossing to combine.


Recipe Adapted from One Sweet Appetite







.