Spinach with Light Soy Sauce

blogger templates



I happened to see a recipe in a cookbook that is similar to this spinach dish I wok even the presentation is the same. But the one in the cookbook added an extra ingredient - shredded bonito. Since I have that, I tried it.

Ingredients:


  • 300 g Spinach, cut into equal sections

  • 1/2 tablespoon oil

  • Some shredded bonito

  • 2 teaspoon light soy sauce.





How to do it:


  1. Add oil in a pot of water and blanch spinach. 2-3 minutes is enough.

  2. Drain and squeeze out water.

  3. Sprinkle some shredded bonito.

  4. Drizzle the light soy sauce.

  5. Serve.



Note:


  • I like to place spinach this way (standing up) because they tend to absorb sauce very fast. Then those on the bottom will be too salty.

  • This presentation makes sure the sauce gets even distributed.

  • I find this dish best eaten at room temperature not hot.









.