Home-made Chicken Broth

blogger templates


I have this habit of making broth for many year. It was mainly made to cook the kid's porridge when they were babies/toddlers. Sometimes I used them for noodles soup, etc. I always make sure I have broth in the fridge so I can have home-made broth anytime I want. Jazzmint ask me about my broth I used for my Macaroni in Chicken Soup. So, here it is ...



Ingredients:


  • 4 whole Chicken Bones

  • 3 - 3.5 litre Water


How to do it:


  1. Blanch the bones first.

  2. Return the bones to a pot of water to boil.

  3. Bring it to boil.

  4. Reduce heat to simmer.

  5. Skim the surface of foam till they no longer appear.

  6. Simmering should be for at least 4 hours. I simmer mine for 5 hours.

  7. Use a strainer (preferably with smaller holes) to drain the bones and particulars.

  8. Let it cool before you freeze it.

  9. The ingredients stated should yield about 2.5 litre of broth.


Note:


  • You can remove the fats from the broth by letting it refrigerate until the fat congeals. Then you are easily remove it.

  • You can add vegetables to make the broth sweeter too. I prefer just pure chicken broth.

  • The broth can be frozen for up to 6 months.

  • Do not refreeze broth that you have thaw. Therefore freeze broth in portions you usually use. I freeze my broth 600ml each.



* Chicken Bones, I got mine 50cts a piece *








.