BURRATA WITH WHITE NECTARINES AND PROSCIUTTO

blogger templates





We are burrata girls, my mom, sister and I. When we see it on a menu, it’s like a red flag to our gastronomical bull. Mozzarella delicately wrapped around sweet mascarpone is just begging to be eaten, so we happily oblige. At home though, we almost always enjoy burrata with heirloom tomatoes, olive oil, basil, and balsamic—a classic combination. When I presented this plate before dinner, it took some gentle cajoling and airplane noises to get them to eat it together. But the sweet juicy nectarines, with the peppery arugula, salty prosciutto and creamy burrata really do make a perfect bite. Please trust me on this one and try it.

Ingredients:

12 thin slices of prosciutto (at least one for each person)
1 large ball of burrata
1 medium ripe white nectarine, cut into 16 slices
1 large handful of arugula
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 table spoons balsamic vinegar
3 drops of White Truffle Oil (optional, but I recommend investing in a bottle, as it adds depth and pungency)
Salt
Freshly ground pepper

Directions:

Mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of balsamic, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper, and 3 drops white truffle oil to form a vinaigrette. I just put it in a small Tupperware container and vigorously shake it. Lightly dress the arugula. Arrange the dressed arugula, nectarines, and prosciutto on a plate. Rub olive oil onto the burrata and place on the plate. Finish with freshly ground pepper, a pinch of salt, and a drizzle of balsamic.

For all of my meat and cheese needs, I go to
Bay Cities Italian Deli in Santa Monica. If you haven't been there before, try the Godmother, the ultimate sandwich.







.