Egg Dumpling

blogger templates


Have you ever cook a dish so often, like at least twice a week, till are are so sian (bored) of it?

My kids can ask me to make this every other day. OMG! Don't they get tired of eat it so often? Even I'm tired of cooking it. :P I beggged them once not to 'order' that and was surprised they agreed. BUT they didn't finished the replacement dish and asked if they could have it the next day. *roll eyes*

Since the problem lies with me being bored of making it sooooo often, I decided to change the presentation. It's basically STILL the same thing except the outlook is different. ;) This could work, I told myself. ;)

For this verision, instead of spreading the fish paste on the egg, you place it on the middle of the egg. After that, gently pick-up the edge of the egg and gently tie it with a spring onion. Oh, you have to blanch the spring onion to soften it first otherwise it will 'break' when you try to tie a knot. (see above illustration) Then, place the egg dumplings on an oiled dish and have it steamed for 15 minutes or till cooked.

You can prepare a simple sauce to pour over it if you like. Otherwise, serve immediately.

Ps.
My kids said it tasted like the orignal but looked so different, they still prefer the orignal and want to have it the next day! *faint* At least I tried. ;P










.