Cheese Crisps

blogger templates

Anything with the word 'cheese' in the title, will usually get my attention when it comes to recipes! And when I saw that this recipe only contained 3 ingredients, I was even MORE interested!

I first spotted this recipe on a recipe sharing site called RecipeNewZ. It's my new favorite hangout to stalk recipes! That site is like one big link party all day long! I love it!

These easy to make cheese crisps were posted on a food blog called Dr. Ola's Kitchen. I wanted to make them the same way Dr. Ola did, but I didn't have the same cheeses she used. So I did some experimenting and tried it with mozzarella and romano. Those are the cheese crisps on the right side of my photo above. They were a little too salty for my taste. Then I tried the recipe with mozzarella and sharp cheddar...much better! I used fresh parsley instead of thyme. This was very good. The parsley freshened up the taste of the cheeses. This was perfect with a glass of red wine! But I like Dr. Ola's idea of a dip. She used a yogurt dip, but I think I'll try a garlicky marinara sauce next time! I say 'next time' because we ate these so fast that I didn't get a chance to try them with a dip!

Here is how I made these...


INGREDIENTS:
 
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 tbls. chopped fresh parsley
 
DIRECTIONS:
 
Preheat oven to 430 degrees.
Mix together all the ingredients.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Drop the mixture by the tablespoon full onto the parchment lined cookie sheet, leaving room between each.
Bake for 6 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Then blot on paper towels and serve warm or room temperature.
 
cheddar/mozz combo before being baked
romano/mozz combo before being baked
These cheese crisps taste just like the cheese that you find at the bottom of a delivery pizza box! You know, those pieces that ooze off the side of the pizza and get stuck to the cardboard box! 










.