S'mores Cookie Bars

blogger templates



    In Utah, where I live, we are lucky enough to live by 2 gorgeous State Parks. Zions National park and also Bryce Canyon. Some of the best memories from my childhood were going to family reunions at Bryce Canyon. Camping, exploring and playing with my cousins was an absolute blast. I miss those innocent, fun-filled days so much.

  When my Hubby and I were reminiscing about our childhood memories, camping stood out to both of us. We decided it would be so fun to take our kiddos on a Summer Camping adventure this year! I cannot wait. I know the kids will be in seventh heaven and it will make for some great memories.

  One of my favorite parts of camping is the food! (of course)  Dutch oven, hot dogs and S'mores are always the best! Since I've been planning our camping trip I started craving some S'mores big time. I decided to try these AMAZING S'mores Cookie Bars. Holy moly. They were so good.


S'mores Cookie Bars

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup graham crack crumbs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 Hershey's milk chocolate candy bars
1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/ fluff  (not marshmallows)


Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray.

In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until combined and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.

In a small bowl, mix together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Gradually add this mixture to the butter mixture. On low speed, mix until just combined.

Divide dough in half and press one half of dough into the bottom of the pan evenly. Place the 4 chocolate bars over the top of dough, in a single layer. You may have to break some of them into pieces so they fit into the pan. Spread the marshmallow creme/ fluff over the chocolate.

With remaining half of dough, place it onto a sheet of wax paper. Cover dough with another sheet of wax paper and using a rolling pin, roll out dough into the shape of the 8-inch square. Place dough on top of the marshmallow creme. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into squares. Enjoy! ♥


Recipe from: Lovin' from the Oven









.